Monday, June 17, 2013

Stayin' Honest


Sunday goal: Cross-training
Actual: Cleaned my apartment
Pace: Not as fast as my cat sheds

Monday goal: Stretch and strength
Actual: Biggest Loser DVD ftw
Duration: 30 min

Tuesday goal: 3 miles
Actual: 3.24 miles
Pace: 9:56 per mile

Wednesday goal: 3 miles pace
Actual: Yoga (no running)
Duration: 1 hour

Thursday goal: 3 miles
Actual: 3.05 miles pace
Pace: 8:56 per mile (WHAT WHAT)

Friday goal: Rest
Actual: 2.54 miles
Pace: 9:54 per mile
+ rec league softball game

Saturday goal: 5 miles
Actual: 8 miles leisurely cycling

Sunday goal: Cross-training
Actual: 5K walk

This past week I had to mix it up a bit to make room for life, but one thing is firmly certain: I'm prioritizing fitness in my schedule again. And it feels so, so good.

Also, I ran my first ever pace run on Thursday -- alone, no less! -- and I made it in under my goal of 9 min/mile! My body was like "WTF IS THIS," but I kept up my running even through a side cramp and flashes of feeling like I wanted to collapse on the side of the path. I knew I had to write about it on the Internet later, and so I just did it. Thanks for keeping me honest, dear readers. *fistpump*

Also also, my boyfriend walked his very first 5K yesterday! We did the Color Run in Grant Park, and it was a blast. I'll be digging colored chalk out of my ears for a week.

Thanks to our friend Jill McBride for photography!

Today is the official start of my 12-week Intermediate training program. (Thanks, Hal Higdon!) First up is an ab-busting strength/stretch day with LaJuanda. The "Biggest Loser" boot camp DVD will be making a prominent appearance on Mondays after my initial success last week. Where "success" = "my abs hurt for two days." Fitnessheads are total masochists, you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment