Sunday, June 9, 2013

"First" Week Down


Wednesday goal: 3 miles
Actual run: 3.15 miles
Pace: 9:44 min/mile

Thursday goal: 3 miles
Actual run: 0

Friday goal: Rest
Actual run: 3 miles (make up)
Pace: 9:35 min/mile
+ 6 miles cycling

Saturday goal: 4 miles
Actual run: 4 miles (with LaJuanda)
Pace: 10 min/mile

This is the first week since before the marathon last October that I've run four days. This is a big deal. I feel great; my pace got slowly faster on my solo runs, and LaJuanda and I busted out a good "long" run on Saturday, complete with stretching at the one-mile mark and a sprint to the finish.

One more week of Novice cobweb-clearing training to go, then the real training starts. I'm most nervous about speedwork; with so many long runs under my belt in the past, the distance doesn't intimidate as much as the idea that I'm going to have to, like, run faster. That takes a kind of motivation that I haven't identified in myself yet.

I biked over a huge pothole on Broadway, just north of Wilson (the road is terrible there), on Friday night and popped my tire. Womp womp. Need to make the first trip to the bike shop, less than two months after buying the bike.

I'm feeling optimistic, but also like I'm at the start of a rollercoaster ride -- one that will last 13 weeks and test my patience, endurance, and grit.

Also, I desperately need a new running playlist. Anyone have suggestions for key pump-up songs?

No comments:

Post a Comment