Thursday, March 20, 2014

Published!


Dear blog,

I know you're not my 8th-grade diary, but given the infrequency with which I write in you, you might as well be. But I have news!

Last month, I presented a long-form paper titled "Fighting Inertia" to the Chicago Literary Club. The paper was a combination of many things--a history of the marathon, a meditation on the running gear industry, a personal journey. That last bit drew much from this blog, so it seems full circle to post it here.

Click here to read "Fighting Inertia"--the first piece of what I hope will continue to grow into a longer piece of writing that continues to explore the third wave of running enthusiasm in U.S. history (read the paper to find out when the first two happened!) and how it's touched my life and those of the people around me.

Smooches,
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment